(If you have not received your Intake Form within 24 hours of scheduling your appointment online, or have any questions regarding scheduling or treatment, please contact Kayleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
During your consultation, your acupuncturist will take a detailed health history to get to know about you and your health concerns. Additionally, your acupuncturist will perform a physical exam and use diagnostic tools, such as looking at your tongue and feeling your pulse, to determine the root cause of your condition(s). During your consultation, your acupuncturist will go over what to expect from your acupuncture treatment, any risks involved, and discuss your treatment plan. Please be sure to voice any questions or concerns you may have regarding acupuncture in general and your health!
Make the Most of Your Treatments:
- Make sure you eat something before your treatment, but not a large meal.
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes (gowns are available if needed).
- Refrain from overexertion for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- Drink plenty of water after your treatments.
- Follow your treatment plan, and keep your appointments. Acupuncture has a cumulative effect; each treatment builds on the previous one.
Your acupuncturist may discuss certain lifestyle and dietary changes during your course of treatment that are specific to your underlying imbalances and condition. To see the best results, please follow these guidelines as best you can, and ask for help when needed! Consistency is key!
It is important to remember that Acupuncture is not an instant fix. We are guiding your body to heal itself; sometimes this process is quick, sometimes it is gradual. Results depend on how chronic your condition is, your overall health, and your willingness to heal.
We look forward to helping you feel your best, and achieve optimal wellness through Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine!