Aesthetic Acupuncture for holistic facial rejuvenation is a specific treatment protocol based on Traditional Chinese Medicine that is a safe, healthy way to rejuvenate your natural beauty. It has been used for centuries in China as an anti-aging and skin rejuvenating therapy.
Expectations For Prospective Patients:
Aesthetic Acupuncture is a gradual process that will rejuvenate the skin and strengthen overall health to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Commitment is key! Results do not appear overnight because Aesthetic Acupuncture works with the body’s natural healing system.
Some results may be more dramatic than others. Your practitioner will discuss lifestyle changes, such as diet, supplements, facial exercises, and appropriate skin care that will extend the lifetime of your results.
The protocol consists of at least 12 treatments, 2 times a week for a minimum of 6 weeks. Some prospective clients may need additional treatments depending on the health of the skin, and the extent of any damage to the area. Maintenance depends on individual results, but it is recommended that patients receive at 1 treatment every 3-5 weeks.
How Does Aesthetic Acupuncture Work?
From a Western medicine perspective, the insertion of small, thin needles into the epidermal and dermal skin layers causes a micro-trauma to the area. The body responds by increasing blood flow, and stimulating production of collagen and elastin for wound healing. The body sheds old skin cells every 2-4 weeks, and it can take a minimum of 4 weeks for collagen and elastin to rebuild. Therefore, it is essential for prospective clients to commit to the 6-week minimum in order to see optimal results.
From a Traditional Chinese Medicine perspective, acupuncture stimulates the digestive system to produce good quality Qi and Blood, which the body needs in order to reduce signs of aging that present on the face. Aesthetic Acupuncture increases circulation of Qi and Blood to the face to improve skin color and texture, decrease the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots, and balance the circulation of lymph to reduce puffiness.
Because everyone’s health status is different, individual results may vary, and it cannot be predicted how each person will respond or how long the results will last. Since Aesthetic Acupuncture incorporates treatment of internal imbalances, as well as local treatment of the face and neck, prospective patients can expect to look 5-15 years younger. Additionally, most patients report overall health benefits, such as improved digestion, better sleep, decreased stress, anxiety, and depression, increased energy, and reduced hot flashes and/or night sweats.
Aesthetic Acupuncture is not a surgical intervention. If you are seeking the results of a surgical facelift, higher cheekbones, or a smaller nose, then Aesthetic Acupuncture may not be for you. Please talk to your Acupuncturist about other health conditions that may interfere with Aesthetic Acupuncture to determine if you are an ideal candidate.
If you would like to look younger, feel healthier, and delay signs of aging, then Aesthetic Acupuncture is a safe, natural way to rejuvenate your look! It is the TRUE anti-aging medicine!
Benefits of Aesthetic Acupuncture:
- Increases collagen and elastin production
- Eliminates fine lines, reduces deeper wrinkles, and improves elasticity of the skin.
- Increases peripheral circulation to improve facial complexion and make skin more radiant
- Reduces facial discoloration and age spots
- Improves muscle tone and reduces muscle atrophy.
- Reduces visible pores and softens the skin.
- Improves metabolism, eliminating excess fluids, and bringing more nourishment to the face
- Reduces puffiness, under-eye bags, and dark circle
- Decreases the tendency toward sagging, lifts eyelid drooping, and minimizes the beginnings of jowl formation
- Improves hormonal balance to treat acne, dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, and rosacea
- Slows the aging process and prevents premature aging
- Softens the appearance of scars
- Treats facial pain, Bell’s palsy, and TMJ.